This is an overview of the Meshbody Legacy (Perky Edition) for Second Life avatars. Almost all the information also applies to Meshbody’s Pregnancy and Feminine bodies, however the photos are only of Petite, and the list is what comes with Petite. Other bodies may have slightly different content. As always I strongly encourage you to demo before making any final purchases. To browse other mesh heads, bodies, and more check out The Mesh Directory.
- Creator – Meshbody
- Product – Legacy Perky
- Price – L$5000
- Review Version – 1.6
- Body – Yes
- Head – No
- Hands – Yes
- Feet – Yes
- Skin – Yes (Appliers only)
- Copy – Yes
- Transfer – No
- Mod – No
Bakes on Mesh (BOM)
- Bakes on Mesh (BOM) – Yes
- Skin Appliers – Yes
- Cosmetic Appliers – Yes
- Applier Save Slots – Yes
- Omega Compatible – No
- Materials Enabled – Yes
- Universal Neck Standard ?When used with the same skin tone, heads and bodies both using the Universal Neck Standard result in a seamless neck. – Yes
- Additional Neck Sizing Options – Yes
You’ll see the last three Style sections appear empty. Until you add content to them they won’t display anything. Once you do add things they will display just like the other Style tabs.
Pros, Neutral Notes, and Cons
Other things of note to consider that haven’t been mentioned above.
- The body is visually stunning and looks good for slender and curvy avatars.
- There is an incognito mode that hides your body from others. This can be helpful when trying to be less intrusive (such as at popular shopping events)
- This is the only feminine body by Legacy to come with fit deformers. The deformers change the body shape so it can be used with most Maitreya clothing and shoes. (Note: This does not alter the hands.)
- It’s a great option for people who like a natural small-chested look and for people who like the large yet perky stylized breasts.
- The body has 5 applier layers (skin + 4 more). The top 4 applier layers can be used with BOM skins.
- Meshbody uses their own system for some parts of their HUD. This requires in-game media to be enabled to use it. If Meshbody for whatever reason no longer supports their body, this functionality could be lost entirely.
- While the body has applier layers, it’s not Omega compatible so you’re limited to Legacy specific products.
- The alpha system isn’t as obvious as other bodies. The sections of the HUD make it look like the alpha are huge, but they run together. Each section has multiple cutouts included, you just can’t visualize it easily until you click them.
- The included skins are gorgeous, however you have to use neck blenders or chokers to match head skins to the body skins. 36 shades of “Neckfade” textures are included with your body to make it easier, but it’s still an extra step of customization some people may not be interested in. No BOM skins come with the body.
What’s In The Box
Official MESHBODY Links
Example of Meshbody Legacy Perky In Use
Head – LeLutka: Avalon
Body – Meshbody: Legacy Perky
Skin – MILA: Samara (Snow)
Shape – Modified version of LeLutka‘s Avalon Shape
Ears – Swallow: Gauged S Ears
Gauges – CODEX: Naughty Gauges
Hair – Yomi: Himiko
Brows – Suicidal Unborn: Agnes Eyebrows
Eyeshadow – SOMEONE: Nightbringer (Black)
Collar – tapi: Ankh Collar (modified)
Outfit – Valentine: Blair
Boots – Wicca’s Originals: Amorenna Boots
Pose – CBY: [Inspired Poses] P.H.A.T Gift 3
Location – My private home (most everything you can see is from Studio Skye and Hayabusa)
Windlight (EEP) – Bryn Oh: Bryn Oh’s BOX MetaLES (This may be included as part of your viewer. Search your inventory and see!)
Do you have a Legacy body? Tell me what you think.
Are there questions you have that I didn’t answer? Ask away!
Would you like to see more info included? Let me know.
Always feel free to use the comment section.