This is an overview of the Meshbody Legacy (Perky Edition) for Second Life avatars. Almost all the information also applies to Meshbody’s Pregnancy and Feminine bodies, however the photos are only of Petite, and the list is what comes with Petite. Other bodies may have slightly different content. For more mesh heads and bodies head on over to The Mesh Directory.
Creator – Meshbody
Product – Legacy Perky Edition
Price – L$5000
Review Version – 1.3.2
Body – Yes
Head – No
Hands – Yes (bento)
Feet – Yes (5 styles controlled via HUD)
Skin – Technically yes (See pros & cons)
Copy – Yes
Transfer – No
Mod – No
Appliers, BOM, and Compatibility
Tattoo Layers – Technically yes (See pros & cons)
Underwear Layers – Technically yes (See pros & cons)
Clothing Layers – Technically yes (See pros & cons)
Applier Save Slots – Yes
Materials Enabled – Yes
Omega Compatible – No
Bakes on Mesh (BOM) – Yes
New Neck Standard – Yes
You’ll see the last three Style sections appear empty. Until you add content to them they won’t display anything. Once you do add things they will display just like the other Style tabs.
Pros and Cons
Other pros and cons to consider that haven’t been mentioned above.
- The body itself is really beautiful, and looks good whether slender or curvy.
- The body has 5 applier layers (skin + 4 more). The top 4 applier layers can be used with BOM skins.
- Meshbody is very particular with who they give Dev kits to, so the products that are available meet certain quality requirements.
- There is an incognito mode that hides your body from others. This can be helpful when trying to be less intrusive (such as at popular shopping events)
- It’s a great option for people who like a natural small-chested look and for people who like the large yet perky anime style breasts.
- Meshbody uses their own system for some parts of their HUD. This requires in game media to be enabled to use it. If Meshbody for whatever reason no longer supports their body, this functionality could be lost entirely.
- While the body has applier layers, it’s not Omega compatible so you’re limited to Legacy specific products.
- The downside to limited distribution of Dev kits results in fewer products compared to the other popular bodies.
- The alpha system isn’t as obvious as other bodies. The sections of the HUD make it look like the alpha are huge, but they run together. Each section has multiple cutouts included, you just can’t visualize it easily until you click them.
- The included skins are gorgeous, however you have to use neck blenders or chokers to match head skins to the body skins. 36 “Neckfade” objects are included with your body to make it easier, but it’s still an extra step of customization some people may not be interested in.
- The neck resizer buttons don’t line up with the visual indicator making adjusting a little tricky,
What’s In The Box
Items with * are included with the new purchase of Perky for a limited time.
- [+] Legacy (f) Optional Fit Deformer (feet)
- [+] Perky Nips (Subtle) (Add-On)*
- [+] Perky Petits (Add-On)*
- [BODY] Legacy (f) Perky
- [EDIT] Legacy (f)
- [EDIT] Legacy (f) (Upscaled)
- [FEET] Legacy (Classic Fit)
- [HANDS] Legacy (f)
- [HELP] Legacy FAQ and Welcome Information
- [PHYSICS] Legacy (f) Natural Bum
- [PHYSICS] Legacy (f) Perky Breasts
- [PHYSICS] Legacy (f) Perky Breasts & Natural Bum
- [SHAPE] Legacy (f) Perky “Curvy” (6’2″ 14%)
- [SHAPE] Legacy (f) Perky “Curvy” (A Cup)(6’2 14%)
- [SHAPE] Legacy (f) Perky “Hourglass” (5’9″ 7%)
- [SHAPE] Legacy (f) Perky “Hourglass” (A Cup) (5’9″ 7%)
- [SHAPE] Legacy (f) Perky “Juicy” (6’3″ 21%)
- [SHAPE] Legacy (f) Perky “Juicy” (A Cup) (6’3″ 21%)
- [SHAPE] Legacy (f) Perky “Skinny”(A Cup)(5’11” 0%)
- [SHAPE] Legacy (f) Perky “Starter Shape”
- [SHAPE] Legacy (f) Perky “Starter” (A Cup)(5’11” 7%)
- [SHOP] Legacy Meshbody
- Advanced Materials Editor (Optional)
- Default Avatar Eraser
- Default Body Eraser
- Default Head Eraser
- High Heels: Right Click your Avatar > Appearance > Hover Height
Do you have a Legacy body? Tell me what you think.
Are there questions you have that I didn’t answer? Ask away!
Would you like to see more info included? Let me know.
Always feel free to use the comment section.