This is an overview of the eBODY Classic Free Version mesh body for Second Life avatars. Almost all the information also applies to eBODY’s Curvy Free Version, however the photos are only of the Classic Free Version and the list is what comes with that specific body. Other bodies may have slightly different content. For more mesh heads and bodies head on over to The Mesh Directory.
Creator – eBODY
Product – Classic (Free Version)
Price – L$0
Review Version – 8.6
Body – Yes
Head – No
Hands – Yes (bento only included with full version)
Feet – Yes
Skin – Yes (12 tones)
Copy – Yes
Transfer – No
Mod – No
Appliers, BOM, and Compatibility
Tattoo Layers – No (Full version only)a
Underwear Layers – No (Full version only)
Clothing Layers – No (Full version only)
Applier Save Slots – No (Full version only)
Materials Enabled – No (Full version only)
Omega Compatible – No (Full version only)
Bakes on Mesh (BOM) – No* (More info in Cons section)
Universal Neck Standard ?When used with the same skin tone, heads and bodies both using the Universal Neck Standard result in a seamless neck. – No
Additional Neck Sizing Options – No (Neck size can be adjusted on full body only)
You’ll notice the Free versions of the HUD is very limited in comparison to the full version.
Pros and Cons
Other pros and cons to consider that haven’t been mentioned above.
- Free is a good price.
- If you fall in love with the body but want something with more functionality you can purchase the full version knowing what you’ll look like.
- Not technically BOM, however BOM textures can be applied to the mesh via a separate applier (costs L$1).
- The HUD is really barebones. This is more of a demo for the full version of the bodies than a full fledged free body.
- You’re limited to BOM skins or eBody specific appliers with this version. The full version is Omega compatible.
- Nails are not included.
- The alphas available for this version are pretty thick. The full version has thinner alphas.
- While it’s fairly supported, it’s not nearly as popular as the other bodies, so finding products you want for it may take more time.
- Parts of it look may unnatural, depending on your pose.
What’s In The Box
- ABAR – eBODY Alpha
- ABAR – eBODY Alpha (No Head)
- ABAR – eBODY Base Feet Flat
- ABAR – eBODY Base Feet High
- ABAR – eBODY Base Feet Medium
- ABAR – eBODY Base Hair
- ABAR – eBODY CLASSIC Bra – FREE VERSION
- ABAR – eBODY CLASSIC Bra 2 – FREE VERSION
- ABAR – eBODY CLASSIC Panties – FREE VERSION
- ABAR – eBODY CLASSIC v8.6 BODY FREE VERSION
- ABAR – eBODY CLASSIC v8.6 FEET FREE VERSION
- ABAR – eBODY CLASSIC v8.6 HANDS FREE VERSION
- ABAR – eBODY v8.6 HUD – FREE
- ABAR – eBODY Physic
- eBODY SHIP
- Female Standard Sizing – Medium (M) Shape Tall
- Female Standard Sizing – Medium (S) Shape Little
- Female Standard Sizing – Medium (S) Shape tall 2
- READ ME!
Do you have one of eBODY’s Free Versions? Tell me what you think.
Are there questions you have that I didn’t answer? Ask away!
Would you like to see more info included? Let me know.
Always feel free to use the comment section.