Mesh can be intimidating for those who aren’t familiar with it. It’s an entirely different system than the classic avatars and even getting dressed is a new process. Never fear, we have you covered! Are you designing a whole new avatar for the first time? Make sure to check out The Newbie Hub for even more information!
Here you’ll find links to each of our posts designed to assist users in their Mesh adventures.
Bento is standard for most avatars now. Learn a bit more about it and how it compares to older non-bento options.
- Bento: What It Is and Why You Should Be Excited
- An in depth description of the bento skeletal system and how it impacts you.
- Bento Heads vs Standard Mesh – What’s Right For You?
- Deciding whether a bento head or a non-bento is best for your needs.
- Bento Hands vs Static Mesh – What’s Right For You?
- Most bodies come with bento hands, so this is mostly irrelevant for many people, but I’m keeping it here for those who want to explore static hands.
Trying to figure out what’s right for you?
These posts can help.
- BOM (Bakes On Mesh): What It Is and Why You Want It
- An in depth description of BOM and the advantages of using it.
- Mesh Crash Course: Selecting A Head
- A guide designed to help you pick our the perfect head for your personal needs.
- Mesh Crash Course: Selecting A Body
- A guide to make sure you pick the best body for your own tastes.
- Mesh Crash Course: Selecting Hands & Feet
- Many bodies come with hands and feet now, so this is mostly irrelevant. It’s staying here for those who want to shop for hands or feet seperately.
- Yes, You SHOULD Be Using Demos!
- You need to demo products before you buy them. Learn how, why, and the nightmares you avoid by doing so in this in-depth post!
You have your parts, yay! But now what?
This section covers how to use your Mesh and how to fix problems you may run into.
- Mesh Crash Course: Troubleshooting Issues
- Find solutions to the most common mesh body issues here.
- Appliers: How Do They Work?
- A tutorial on how to use appliers.