This is an overview of the GA.EG Alan mesh head for Second Life avatars. Almost all the information also applies to other GA.EG bento mesh heads, however the photos are only of Alan, and the list is what comes with Alan. Other heads may have slightly different content. For more mesh heads and bodies head on over to The Mesh Directory.
Creator – GA.EG
Product – Alan
Price – L$3000 (L$2850 with group discount)
Review Version – 2.2
Body – No
Eyes – Yes
Ears – Yes
Head – Yes
Skin – Yes (8 tones with and without stubble and freckles available in HUD and BOM)
Copy – Yes
Transfer – No
Mod – No
Eyebrows (Applier) – Yes (2 styles. 5 colors with 3 shades each)
Eyebrows (BOM) – No
Hairbases (Applier) – Yes (5 colors with 3 shades each)
Hairbases (BOM) – No
Makeup (Applier) – Yes (1 eyeliner, 3 natural lip colors with 3 shades each, 3 sets of wrinkles, 3 scars)
Makeup (BOM) – No
Eyes (Applier) – No
Eyes (BOM) – No (You use your default eyes, but no extra colors are included.)
Teeth – Yes (3 different white options)
Lashes – Yes (three options)
Piercings – No
Expressions & Animations
Eye Control – No
Typing/Voice Animations – Yes (3 gestures and HUD)
Static Expressions – Yes (2 eyes, 2 lips, 4 static emotes)
Facial Animations – Yes (1 animated emote)
Included Gestures – Yes (3 talking animations)
Appliers, BOM, and Compatibility
Tattoo Applier Layers – Yes
Applier Save Slots – Yes
Materials Enabled – Yes (skin and mouth toggled separately)
Omega Compatible – Yes
Bakes on Mesh (BOM) – Yes
New Neck Standard – Yes
Pros and Cons
Other pros and cons to consider that haven’t been mentioned above.
- You don’t have to wear an alpha for the head, it’ll hide the default head when you put it on.
- The HUD is really easy to use and nice to look at. It minimizes tiny as well for when you don’t need it expanded.
- There are a lot of separate addons available for purchase. These addons get added to your existing HUDs so you don’t have to wear a bunch of them.
- The animations/poses aren’t super intuitive. Clicking them toggles them to be part of a rotation, it doesn’t automatically play them. Double clicking will force them to play.
- There aren’t many included poses and animations. You can always purchase more though.
- No applier eyes come with the head. You’ll have to either use your system eyes or purchase separate mesh eyes. There are free and gold editions of GA.EG eyes available.
What’s In The Box
- [GA.EG] Alan Bento Mesh Head [Old Neck]
- [GA.EG] Alan Bento Mesh Head [SL Neck]
- [GA.EG] Alan Bento Mesh Head Ad
- [GA.EG] Alan Brows Shaper
- [GA.EG] Alan Smart HUD
- [GA.EG] Alan Bento Facial AO
- [GA.EG] Alan Bento Mesh Mesh Ears (Rigged)
- [GA.EG] Alan Bento Mesh Ears Hole Filler (Rigged)
- [GA.EG] Alan Bento Mesh Ears Shaper
- [GA.EG] Alan Bento Mesh Teeth (Rigged)
- [GA.EG] Alan Mesh Ears (Unrigged)
- [GA.EG] Alan Mesh Neckblend – Adam
- [GA.EG] Alan Mesh Neckblend – Gianni
- [GA.EG] Alan Mesh Neckblend – Jake
- [GA.EG] Alan Mesh Neckblend – Slink
- [GA.EG] Alan Mesh Neckblend – Standard
- [GA.EG] Alan Shape
- [GA.EG] Face Lights
- [GA.EG] Head Skins – Alan – 8 Tones – No Brows – BOM
- [GA.EG] How to match my skin between my body and my Head?
- [GA.EG] Main Store
- [GA.EG] Talk on Voice 1
- [GA.EG] Talk on Voice 2
- [GA.EG] Talk on Voice 3
- READ ME
Do you have GA.EG Alan? Tell me what you think.
Are there questions you have that I didn’t answer? Ask away!
Would you like to see more info included? Let me know.
Always feel free to use the comment section.