This is an overview of the GA.EG Ava mesh head for Second Life avatars. Almost all the information also applies to other GA.EG bento mesh heads, however the photos are only of Ava, and the list is what comes with Ava. Other heads may have slightly different content. For more mesh heads and bodies head on over to The Mesh Directory.
Creator – GA.EG
Product – Ava
Price – L$3000 (L$2850 with group discount)
Review Version – 2.2
Body – No
Eyes – Yes
Ears – Yes
Head – Yes
Skin – Yes (8 tones with and without freckles available in HUD and BOM)
Copy – Yes
Transfer – No
Mod – No
Eyebrows (Applier) – Yes (5 colors with 3 shades each)
Eyebrows (BOM) – No
Hairbases (Applier) – Yes (5 colors with 3 shades each)
Hairbases (BOM) – No
Makeup (Applier) – Yes (3 blushes, 3 eye liners, 4 eye shadows in 3 shades each, 4 lipsticks in 3 shades each, 3 moles options)
Makeup (BOM) – No
Eyes (Applier) – No
Eyes (BOM) – No (You use your default eyes, but no extra colors are included.)
Teeth – Yes (3 different white options)
Lashes – Yes (three options)
Piercings – No
Expressions & Animations
Eye Control – No
Typing/Voice Animations – Yes (3 gestures and HUD)
Static Expressions – Yes (3 eyes, 3 lips, 4 static emotes)
Facial Animations – Yes (1 animated emote)
Included Gestures – Yes (3 talking animations)
Appliers, BOM, and Compatibility
Tattoo Applier Layers – Yes
Applier Save Slots – Yes
Materials Enabled – Yes (skin and mouth toggled separately)
Omega Compatible – Yes
Bakes on Mesh (BOM) – Yes
Universal Neck Standard ?When used with the same skin tone, heads and bodies both using the Universal Neck Standard result in a seamless neck. – Yes
Additional Neck Sizing Options – Yes
Pros and Cons
Other pros and cons to consider that haven’t been mentioned above.
- You don’t have to wear an alpha for the head, it’ll hide the default head when you put it on.
- The HUD is really easy to use and nice to look at. It minimizes tiny as well for when you don’t need it expanded.
- There are a lot of separate addons available for purchase. These addons get added to your existing HUDs so you don’t have to wear a bunch of them.
- Ava specifically is a really cute, young looking head. It’s great for teen avatars, but can also be dressed up for a youthful adult look if needed.
- The animations/poses aren’t super intuitive. Clicking them toggles them to be part of a rotation, it doesn’t automatically play them. Double clicking will force them to play.
- There aren’t many included poses and animations. You can always purchase more though.
- No applier eyes come with the head. You’ll have to either use your system eyes or purchase separate mesh eyes. There are free and gold editions of GA.EG eyes available.
What’s In The Box
- [GA.EG] Ava Bento Mesh Head [Maitreya Neck]
- [GA.EG] Ava Bento Mesh Head [SL Neck]
- [GA.EG] Ava Bento Mesh Head Ad
- [GA.EG] Ava Bento Facial AO
- [GA.EG] Ava Bento Mesh Mesh Ears (Rigged)
- [GA.EG] Ava Bento Mesh Ears Hole Filler
- [GA.EG] Ava Bento Mesh Ears Shaper
- [GA.EG] Ava Bento Mesh Teeth
- [GA.EG] Ava Brows Shaper
- [GA.EG] Ava Mesh Ears (Unrigged)
- [GA.EG] Ava Mesh Neckblend – Eve
- [GA.EG] Ava Mesh Neckblend – Legacy
- [GA.EG] Ava Mesh Neckblend – Maitreya
- [GA.EG] Ava Mesh Neckblend – Slink
- [GA.EG] Ava Mesh Neckblend – Standard
- [GA.EG] Ava Shape
- [GA.EG] Ava Smart HUD
- [GA.EG] Face Lights
- [GA.EG] Head Skins – Ava – 8 Tones – No Brows – BOM
- [GA.EG] How to match my skin between my body and my Head?
- [GA.EG] Main Store
- [GA.EG] Talk on Voice 1
- [GA.EG] Talk on Voice 2
- [GA.EG] Talk on Voice 3
- READ ME
Do you have GA.EG Ava? Tell me what you think.
Are there questions you have that I didn’t answer? Ask away!
Would you like to see more info included? Let me know.
Always feel free to use the comment section.