This is an overview of the SKNK Sushu mesh head for Second Life avatars. Almost all the information may or may not apply to other SKNK heads, however the photos are only of Sushi, and the list is what comes with Sushi. Other heads may have slightly different content. For more mesh heads and bodies head on over to The Mesh Directory.
Creator – SKNK
Product – Sushi
Price – L$1399
Review Version – 1.6
Body – No
Eyes – Yes
Ears – Yes
Head – Yes
Skin – Yes* (The default it comes with)
Copy – Yes
Transfer – No
Mod – Yes (says no mod due to scripts, but it IS modifiable as per the creator.)
Eyebrows (Applier) – No* (You can apply your own textures)
Eyebrows (BOM) – No
Hairbases (Applier) – No (N/A)
Hairbases (BOM) – No (N/A)
Makeup (Applier) – Yes (2 lip colors, 7 eyeshadows, one eyelash color)
Makeup (BOM) – No
Eyes (Applier) – No
Eyes (BOM) – No
Teeth – Yes
Lashes – Yes
Piercings – No (available as separate purchase)
Expressions & Animations
Eye Control – Yes
Typing/Voice Animations – Yes
Static Expressions – Yes (6 eye options, 10 eyebrow options, 3 mouth corner options in 3 lengths each, 30 mouth/jaw poses, 13 options for how open the mouth/jaw)
Facial Animations – No
Included Gestures – Yes (3 for talking)
Appliers, BOM, and Compatibility
Tattoo Applier Layers – No* (You can apply your own textures)
Applier Save Slots – No* (an applier is included, however, so you could save different looks in different appliers)
Materials Enabled – No
Omega Compatible – No
Bakes on Mesh (BOM) – Yes
New Neck Standard – Yes
Pros and Cons
Other pros and cons to consider that haven’t been mentioned above.
- Sushi’s shape is super versatile and easy to customize via the HUD. With the combination of nose tip, muzzle, lip, jaw, tongue, ear, fin, and teeth options you have literally over 30,000 different combinations. That’s not a typo.
- The included EasyBake applier HUD makes it easy to apply your own textures.
- The creator is extremely helpful and responsive to any questions or concerns you may have. This is confirmed in their Marketplace reviews and I can also attest to it from my own experience.
- Sushi doesn’t come with alphas to hide your default head and eyes, but alphas are easy to find if you don’t already have some.
- If you don’t know how to make your own textures you’ll have to purchase others to change your head’s appearance beyond the shape. There are both first and third party options, however.
- The included eyes are basically a backup just in case you aren’t using other mesh eyes. The creator recommends using FATEEyes.
- Some of the pose combinations clip, but it can easily be remedied by adjusting the individual poses.
Learn more from the creator on their wiki.
What’s In The Box
- SKNK: Sushi Head – Default Makeup Appliers
- SKNK Sushi – Voice 3
- SKNK: Sushi Head Fat Animesh
- SKNK: Sushi Head Slender Animesh
- SKNK Sushi – Voice 1
- SKNK: Sushi Head – Applier
- SKNK: Sushi Head – EasyBake
- SKNK: Sushi Head BoM Appliers
- SKNK Sushi – Voice 2
- SKNK: Sushi Head Slender – Bovine Ears
- SKNK: Sushi Head – Eye – Right
- SKNK: Sushi Head – Default Shape
- SKNK: Sushi Head Fat – Bovine Ears
- SKNK: Sushi Head Slender
- SKNK: Sushi Head – Unpacker (Add Me)
- SKNK: Sushi Head – Eye – Left
- SKNK: Sushi Head README
- SKNK: Sushi Head HUD
- SKNK: Sushi Head Fat
Do you have Sushi? Tell me what you think.
Are there questions you have that I didn’t answer? Ask away!
Would you like to see more info included? Let me know.
Always feel free to use the comment section.