This is an overview of the Maitreya LaraX mesh body for Second Life avatars. As always I strongly encourage you to demo before making any final purchases. To browse other mesh heads, bodies, and more check out The Mesh Directory. Looking for the Original Lara? Check the listing for Maitreya Lara (Original). For a comparison of both check out Maitreya LaraX (& What You Need To Know Compared To Lara).
- Creator – Maitreya
- Product – LaraX (Comes with Lara Original when purchased)
- Price – L$2750
Free if you own Lara Original (Redelivery)
- Review Version – 1.0
- Body – Yes
- Head – No
- Hands – Yes
- Feet – Yes
- Skin – Yes (Velour tones)
- Copy – Yes
- Transfer – No
- Mod – No
Bakes on Mesh (BOM)
- Bakes on Mesh (BOM) – Yes
- Skin Appliers – Yes
- Cosmetic Appliers – Yes
- Applier Save Slots – Yes
- Omega Compatible – Yes
- Materials Enabled – Yes
- Universal Neck Standard ?When used with the same skin tone, heads and bodies both using the Universal Neck Standard result in a seamless neck. – Yes
- Additional Neck Sizing Options – Yes
Pros, Neutral Notes, and Cons
Other things of note to consider that haven’t been mentioned above.
- Every purchase of Maitreya LaraX comes with Lara Original. This gives you access to a large catalogue of products that were released for the original body.
- LaraX allows for curvy looks more easily than its predecessor did.
- Maitreya is a very established brand in Second Life. This has a big chance to boost the popularity pretty quickly.
- The clothing/underwear/tattoo layers are separate objects that can be removed to keep your complexity lower.
- With LaraX being so new at the time of this listing, there are not as many clothing options currently. That said, there are hundreds of creators with access to the Maitreya Dev kits. As time goes on we’ll see how third party support grows.
- While many bodies include shapes as something easily accessible in the main folder, the only shapes that come with LaraX are hidden behind a variety of unpackers. In addition they are actually designed for Lara Original, not for LaraX. You can get to them by first unpacking LaraX, then from there unpacking Lara Original, then unpacking “Old Version Lara” to get five shapes. These shapes DO work with LaraX, but as with most included shapes you’ll likely want to tweak them a bit to your tastes.
What’s In The Box
For Your Convenience: Official Maitreya Links
- Inworld Location
- Official Site
- LaraX vs Lara5.3 (Official Documentation)
- Lara Mesh Body Help (Official Documentation)
Example of Maitreya LaraX In Use
Head – LeLutka: Zora
Body – Maitreya: LaraX
Face Skin – Pumec: Ksyuha
Body Skin – Velour: LaraX Glam (comes with body)
Shape – Modified version of LeLutka‘s Zora Shape
Hair – Monso: Maytika
Eyes – Avi-Glam: Eternity Eyes (Tropics B)
Lip Concealer – CAZIMI: Lip Concealer
Lipstick – TOP1SALON: HD Cutie Lipstick (Snow)
Eye Shadow – Warpaint*: Moirai Eyeshadow
Tattoo – Letis Tattoo: Phoenix 50%
Outfit – Yasum: Alahm
Pose – Tuty: Enchanting Beauty Woman AO
Location – My private home (most everything you can see is from Studio Skye and Hayabusa.)
Windlight (EEP) – Bryn Oh: Bryn Oh’s BOX MetaLES (This may be included as part of your viewer. Search your inventory and see!)
Do you have Maitreya LaraX? Tell me what you think.
Are there questions you have that I didn’t answer? Ask away!
Would you like to see more info included? Let me know.
Always feel free to use the comment section.