Important Note: This listing is for an older product line. SKING is releasing a new body, HULIXA, July 20, 2023. This older line seems to no longer be sold or updated and third party support for it has slowed. If we list SKING’s new body I will link to it here for your convenience. I’m leaving this article up so people who own Katena Regular can compare it to other bodies they may be interested in. As the body is no longer available I will not be updating this listing to match new site formats/updates/etc. You may find it looks different than you’re used to or has different featured information compared to current listings.
This is an overview of the SKING Katena Regular mesh body for Second Life avatars. Almost all the information also applies to other Pre-2021 SKING bodies however the photos are only of Katena Regular, and the list is what comes with Katena Regular. Other bodies may have slightly different content. There are older versions of the body that are designed for appliers. They are not the current up to date products and as such the content in this post does not reflect those bodies. This is only for the BOM version. For more mesh heads and bodies head on over to The Mesh Directory.
Creator – SKING
Product – Katena Regular
Price – No longer for sale (That I have found. If you find it leave a comment!)
Review Version – BOM 01
Body – Yes
Head – No
Hands – No
Feet – No
Skin – Yes (3 Skinpro tones)
Copy – Yes
Transfer – No
Mod – No
Appliers, BOM, and Compatibility
Tattoo Layers – No (N/A)
Underwear Layers – No (N/A)
Clothing Layers – No (N/A)
Applier Save Slots – No (N/A)
Materials Enabled – Yes
Omega Compatible – No
Bakes on Mesh (BOM) – Yes
Universal Neck Standard ?When used with the same skin tone, heads and bodies both using the Universal Neck Standard result in a seamless neck. –
Additional Neck Sizing Options – No
Pros and Cons
Other pros and cons to consider that haven’t been mentioned above.
- SKING Katena has a unique look and style. This is especially noticeable on the calves, thighs, and butt.
- It’s great for those who like exaggerated curves. For those who want super exaggerated breasts as well they may want to check out the Katena Bimbo version.
- Out of the bodies made in this style, SKING has the most support from other creators.
- A basic Omega head applier is included for each of the skin tones. They are not detailed by any means, but they’re a decent starter if you don’t have another option yet.
- The lack of alpha cuts in the HUD encourages designers to make their own alphas for each product. This means they can make clothing that fits in any way and isn’t limited to preset cuts.
- It does not include hands or feet. SKING recommends Slink hands/feet or Vista hands to fill these needs. If using the Vista hands make sure to also grab their free BOM HUD)
- A shape is not included. This means you’ll have to make your own or purchase a third party shape.
- It’s difficult to get a realistic butt without purchasing a third part deformer (SKING recommends the Must Trade Booty Enhancer)
- Alpha cuts are controlled via separate alpha system layers instead of via HUD like many are used to.
What’s In The Box
- # TAOX for SKING Body Bom # Lina D
- # TAOX for SKING Body Bom # Lina L
- # TAOX for SKING Body Bom # Lina M
- .:SKING:. 2019 / KATENA REGULAR BKN HUD COLORS
- .:SKING:. 2019 / KATENA REGULAR BKN SHORT
- .:SKING:. 2019 / KATENA REGULAR BKN TOP
- .:SKING:. <SKINPRO> 2019 VENUSA COCO
- .:SKING:. <SKINPRO> 2019 VENUSA COCO 1
- .:SKING:. <SKINPRO> 2019 VENUSA EUROPE
- .:SKING:. <SKINPRO> 2019 VENUSA EUROPE 1
- .:SKING:. <SKINPRO> 2019 VENUSA PALE
- .:SKING:. <SKINPRO> 2019 VENUSA PALE 1
- .:SKING:. B.O.M. Info & Links
- .:SKING:. Bake_On_Mesh / HUD / 2019
- .:SKING:. Bake_On_Mesh Katena Regular
- .:SKING:. BOM Alpha Cut Body Basic
- .:SKING:. BOM Alpha Cut Eyes
- .:SKING:. BOM Alpha Cut Head
- .:SKING:. BOM Body Info
- .:SKING:. BOM Pant Example
- .:SKING:. BOM Top Example
- .:SKING:. BRAZILIA DOLL / PHYSICS (MODIFY)
Do you have a SKING body? Tell me what you think.
Are there questions you have that I didn’t answer? Ask away!
Would you like to see more info included? Let me know.
Always feel free to use the comment section.