This is an overview of the Meshbody Legacy (Feminine Edition) for Second Life avatars. It is sometimes referred to as as “Legacy (f) Special Edition” and ” Legacy Female”. For information about other feminine Meshbody Legacy avatars check out the listings for Legacy Pregnancy and Legacy Perky. For more mesh heads and bodies head on over to The Mesh Directory.
Creator – Meshbody
Product – Legacy Feminine Edition
Price – L$5000
Review Version – 1.3
Body – Yes
Head – No
Hands – Yes (bento)
Feet – Yes (5 styles controlled via HUD)
Skin – Technically yes (See pros & cons)
Copy – Yes
Transfer – No
Mod – No
Appliers, BOM, and Compatibility
Tattoo Layers – Technically yes (See pros & cons)
Underwear Layers – Technically yes (See pros & cons)
Clothing Layers – Technically yes (See pros & cons)
Applier Save Slots – Yes
Materials Enabled – Yes
Omega Compatible – No
Bakes on Mesh (BOM) – Yes
Universal Neck Standard ?When used with the same skin tone, heads and bodies both using the Universal Neck Standard result in a seamless neck. – Yes
Additional Neck Sizing Options – Yes
You’ll see the last three Style sections appear empty. Until you add content to them they won’t display anything. Once you do add things they will display just like the other Style tabs.
Pros and Cons
Other pros and cons to consider that haven’t been mentioned above.
- The body is visually stunning and looks good for slender and curvy avatars.
- The body has 5 applier layers (skin + 4 more). The top 4 applier layers can be used with BOM skins.
- Meshbody is very particular with who they give Dev kits to, so the products that are available meet certain quality requirements.
- There is an incognito mode that hides your body from others. This can be helpful when trying to be less intrusive (such as at popular shopping events)
- This is the only feminine body by Legacy to come with fit deformers. The deformers change the body shape so it can be used with most Maitreya clothing and shoes. (Note: This does not alter the hands.)
- Meshbody uses their own system for some parts of their HUD. This requires in game media to be enabled to use it. If Meshbody for whatever reason no longer supports their body, this functionality could be lost entirely.
- While the body has applier layers, it’s not Omega compatible so you’re limited to Legacy specific products.
- The alpha system isn’t as obvious as other bodies. The sections of the HUD make it look like the alpha are huge, but they run together. Each section has multiple cutouts included, you just can’t visualize it easily until you click them.
- The included skins are gorgeous, however you have to use neck blenders or chokers to match head skins to the body skins. 36 “Neckfade” objects are included with your body to make it easier, but it’s still an extra step of customization some people may not be interested in.
- The neck resizer buttons aren’t labelled which means adjusting (if needed) takes a little trial and error.
What’s In The Box
Do you have a Legacy body? Tell me what you think.
Are there questions you have that I didn’t answer? Ask away!
Would you like to see more info included? Let me know.
Always feel free to use the comment section.