This is an overview of the Meshbody Legacy (Athletic Edition) for Second Life avatars. Looking for a less muscular version? Check out Legacy Masculine. As always I strongly encourage you to demo before making any final purchases. To browse other mesh heads, bodies, and more check out The Mesh Directory.
- Creator – Meshbody
- Product – Legacy Athletic
- Price – L$5000
- Review Version – 1.6
- Body – Yes
- Head – No
- Hands – Yes
- Feet – Yes
- Skin – Yes (Appliers only)
- Copy – Yes
- Transfer – No
- Mod – No
Bakes on Mesh (BOM)
- Bakes on Mesh (BOM) – Yes
- Skin Appliers – Yes
- Cosmetic Appliers – Yes
- Applier Save Slots – Yes
- Omega Compatible – No
- Materials Enabled – Yes
- Universal Neck Standard ?When used with the same skin tone, heads and bodies both using the Universal Neck Standard result in a seamless neck. – Yes
- Additional Neck Sizing Options – Yes
You’ll see the last three Style sections appear empty. Until you add content to them they won’t display anything. Once you do add things they will display just like the other Style tabs.
Pros, Neutral Notes, and Cons
Other things of note to consider that haven’t been mentioned above.
- The body itself is really handsome and works well for muscular looks ranging from slender to bulky.
- There is an incognito mode that hides your body from others. This can be helpful when trying to be less intrusive (such as at popular shopping events).
- The body has 5 applier layers (skin + 4 more). The top 4 applier layers can be used with BOM skins.
- Meshbody is very particular with who they give mesh Dev kits to, requiring creators to go through an in depth application process with sometimes slow turnaround times. At the time of the original listing this was considered a pro since it meant mostly high quality items were being released. Over time we’ve seen it tended to result in some creators using unofficial kits, resulting in a flood of lower quality items. Some reputable sellers had their projects delayed months or longer and other creators couldn’t create for the body at all. There is still a lot of wonderful (and not so wonderful) items available for Legacy, though, so unless you’re creating for the body this likely isn’t going to be something you personally notice.
- Meshbody uses their own system for some parts of their HUD. This requires in-game media to be enabled to use it. If Meshbody for whatever reason no longer supports their body, this functionality could be lost entirely.
- While the body has applier layers, it’s not Omega compatible so you’re limited to Legacy specific products.
- The alpha system isn’t as obvious as other bodies. The sections of the HUD make it look like the alpha are huge, but they run together. Each section has multiple cutouts included, you just can’t visualize it easily until you click them.
- The included skins are gorgeous, however you have to use neck blenders or chokers to match head skins to the body skins. 36 shades of “Neckfade” textures are included with your body to make it easier, but it’s still an extra step of customization some people may not be interested in. No BOM skins come with the body.
What’s In The Box
Official MESHBODY Links
Example of Meshbody Legacy Athletic In Use
Head/Brows/Scar – LeLutka: Skyler
Body – Meshbody: Legacy Athletic
Skin – Dae Boutique: Storytale Skin NB Male
Shape – Modified version of LeLutka‘s Skyler Shape
Hair – Magika: Alvilde
Jacket and Pants – ERSCH: Haru
Shoes – ArisArisB&W Pour Homme: ALCO02 Classy Shoe
Pose – VRDz: Bento Adult MF Nature Tree Stump Stool (Sit Drink M)
Location – My private home (Most everything you can see is from Studio Skye and Hayabusa.)
Windlight (EEP) – Bryn Oh: Bryn Oh’s BOX MetaLES (This may be included as part of your viewer. Search your inventory and see!)
Do you have a Legacy body? Tell me what you think.
Are there questions you have that I didn’t answer? Ask away!
Would you like to see more info included? Let me know.
Always feel free to use the comment section.