This is an overview of the Meshbody Legacy Classic (M) mesh body for Second Life avatars. It is currently available for free at the Meshbody store. For more mesh heads and bodies head on over to The Mesh Directory.
Creator – Meshbody
Product – Classic Gift Edition (M)
Price – L$0
Review Version – 1.2.1
Body – Yes
Head – No
Hands – Yes (bento)
Feet – Yes (5 styles controlled via HUD)
Skin – Technically yes (See pros & cons)
Copy – Yes
Transfer – No
Mod – No
Appliers, BOM, and Compatibility
Tattoo Layers – Technically yes (See pros & cons)
Underwear Layers – Technically yes (See pros & cons)
Clothing Layers – Technically yes (See pros & cons)
Applier Save Slots – Yes
Materials Enabled – Yes
Omega Compatible – No
Bakes on Mesh (BOM) – Yes
Neck Sizing Options – Yes
You’ll see the last three Style sections appear empty. Until you add content to them they won’t display anything. Once you do add things they will display just like the other Style tabs.
Pros and Cons
Other pros and cons to consider that haven’t been mentioned above.
- It’s free!
- If you had their older product The Mesh Body (TMP) it will still have your outfits saved in the HUD. 95% of your old mesh TMP clothing will fit with it as well.This is basically just a redesign of that original body.
- The body has 5 applier layers (skin + 4 more). The top 4 applier layers can be used with BOM skins.
- There is an incognito mode that hides your body from others. This can be helpful when trying to be less intrusive (such as at popular shopping events)
- Meshbody uses their own system for some parts of their HUD. This requires in game media to be enabled to use it. If Meshbody for whatever reason no longer supports their body, this functionality could be lost entirely (which happened with the original TMP body)
- While the body has applier layers, it’s not Omega compatible so you’re limited to Classic specific products. As it’s a remake of a discontinued body, it’s not getting many new products made for it. That said, you can find some new items by looking for “Classic Meshbody” products.
- The alpha system isn’t as obvious as other bodies. The sections of the HUD make it look like the alpha are huge, but they run together. Each section has multiple cutouts included, you just can’t visualize it easily until you click them.
- The included skins are gorgeous, however you have to use neck blenders or chokers to match head skins to the body skins. These are not included with this body.
What’s In The Box
- [BODY] Classic (m)
- [EDIT] (1.1)
- [EDIT] (1.1) Upscaled
- [HELP] Legacy FAQ & Welcome Information
- [SHAPE] Classic (m) “Large (7’0” 14%)
- [SHAPE] Classic (m) “Medium” (6’9″ 0%)
- [SHAPE] Classic (m) “Small (6’9” 0%)
- [SHOP] Legacy Meshbody
- Default Avatar Eraser
Do you have Meshbody’s Classic Gift Edition? Tell me what you think.
Are there questions you have that I didn’t answer? Ask away!
Would you like to see more info included? Let me know.
Always feel free to use the comment section.