This is an overview of the Meshbody Legacy Classic (M) mesh body for Second Life avatars. It is currently available for free at the Meshbody store. To browse other mesh heads, bodies, and more check out The Mesh Directory.
- Body – Yes
- Head – No
- Hands – Yes
- Feet – Yes
- Skin – Yes (Appliers only)
- Copy – Yes
- Transfer – No
- Mod – No
Bakes on Mesh (BOM)
- Bakes on Mesh (BOM) – Yes
- Skin Appliers – Yes
- Cosmetic Appliers – Yes
- Applier Save Slots – Yes
- Omega Compatible – No
- Materials Enabled – Yes
- Universal Neck Standard ?When used with the same skin tone, heads and bodies both using the Universal Neck Standard result in a seamless neck. – Yes
- Additional Neck Sizing Options – Yes
You’ll see the last three Style sections appear empty. Until you add content to them they won’t display anything. Once you do add things they will display just like the other Style tabs.
Pros, Neutral Notes, and Cons
Other things of note to consider that haven’t been mentioned above.
- It’s free!
- It’s a really good looking body, especially for the price.
- If you had their older product The Mesh Body (TMP) it will still have your outfits saved in the HUD. 95% of your old mesh TMP clothing will fit with it as well. This is basically just a redesign of that original body.
- There is an incognito mode that hides your body from others. This can be helpful when trying to be less intrusive (such as at popular shopping events).
- The body has 5 applier layers (skin + 4 more). The top 4 applier layers can be used with BOM skins.
- Meshbody uses their own system for some parts of their HUD. This requires in-game media to be enabled to use it. If Meshbody for whatever reason no longer supports their body, this functionality could be lost entirely.
- While the body has applier layers, it’s not Omega compatible so you’re limited to Classic specific products.
- As it’s a remake of a discontinued body, it’s not getting many new products made for it. That said, you can find some new items by looking for “Classic Meshbody” products.
- The alpha system isn’t as obvious as other bodies. The sections of the HUD make it look like the alpha are huge, but they run together. Each section has multiple cutouts included, you just can’t visualize it easily until you click them.
- The included skins are gorgeous, however you have to use neck blenders or chokers to match head skins to the body skins. 36 shades of “Neckfade” textures are included with your body to make it easier, but it’s still an extra step of customization some people may not be interested in. No BOM skins come with the body.
What’s In The Box
Official MESHBODY Links
Example of Meshbody Classic Gift Edition (m) In Use
Head – Akeruka: Advanced #M02
Body – Meshbody: Classic Gift Edition
Skin – JeSs Store: San Valentine Gift men 2021
Shape – Slightly modified version of Akeruka‘s M02 Shape.
Eyes – Aviglam: Eternity Eyes (Leaf)
Hair – Ginko: #106
Outfit – Goatz: Replicant Outfit for Classic Avatar
Pose – VRDz: Bento Adult MF Nature Tree Stump Stool (Cool Lean M)
Location – My private home (most everything you can see is from Studio Skye and Hayabusa)
Windlight (EEP) – Bryn Oh: Bryn Oh’s BOX MetaLES (This may be included as part of your viewer. Search your inventory and see!)
Do you have Meshbody’s Classic Gift Edition? Tell me what you think.
Are there questions you have that I didn’t answer? Ask away!
Would you like to see more info included? Let me know.
Always feel free to use the comment section.