This is an overview of the LeLutka Avalon mesh head for Second Life avatars. Almost all the information also applies to other LeLutka EvoX heads (LeLutka Ceylon and LeLutka Briannon) however the photos are only of Avalon, and the list is what comes with Avalon. Other heads may have slightly different content. As always I strongly encourage you to demo before making any final purchases. For more mesh heads and bodies head on over to The Mesh Directory.
Note: This head has been updated since this post was made. This post WILL be updated, however some info may be out of date.
Creator – LeLutka
Product – Avalon
Price – L$3990
Review Version – 3.0
Body – No
Eyes – Yes
Ears – Yes
Head – Yes
Skin – Yes
Copy – Yes
Transfer – No
Mod – No
Eyebrows (Applier) – Yes
Eyebrows (BOM) – Yes
Hair bases (Applier)– No
Hair bases (BOM) – Yes
Makeup (Applier) – Yes
Makeup (BOM) – Yes
Eyes (Applier) – Yes
Eyes (BOM) – No (Supported, but no textures included)
Teeth – Yes
Lashes – Yes
Piercings – Yes
Expressions & Animations
Eye Control – Yes
Typing/Voice Animations – Yes
Static Expressions – Yes
Facial Animations – Yes
Included Gestures – Yes
Appliers, BOM, and Compatibility
Bakes on Mesh (BOM) – Yes
Tattoo Applier Layers – No (BOM tattoos only)
Applier Save Slots – Yes (For Makeup, etc)
Materials Enabled – Yes (eye makeup, lips, mouth, eyes, and skin all controlled separately via HUD)
Omega Compatible – Partially (For Eyes ONLY. Requires purchase of the Omega Relay)
Universal Neck Standard ?When used with the same skin tone, heads and bodies both using the Universal Neck Standard result in a seamless neck. – Yes
Additional Neck Sizing Options – No
Pros, Neutral Notes, and Cons
Other things of note to consider that haven’t been mentioned above.
- LeLutka is a popular designer, so there is widespread support for their heads.
- The HD makeup allows for materials and high quality makeup appliers to be used even when using BOM skins.
- Two HD eye makeup layers gives you even more quality customization options.
- The facial animations are great quality and multiple moods can be toggled at the same time.
- The EvoX line has so many heads, all of different styles and types. All use the same UV map, so any EvoX skin can be used on any EvoX head, regardless of shape or gender.
- The EvolutionX Line from LeLutka features their newest products and are designed entirely around BOM.
- Being BOM focused means you can’t use all applier products on them. Tattoos, hair bases, etc cannot be used unless they are BOM.
- EvolutionX heads are almost identical to Evolution, but they also include an option for HD skins. HD Skins (EvoX) use a different layout for skin textures, so to use your old skins you’ll need to switch to Classic mode in your HUD. HD Skins (EvoX) also have a separate layer to wear for the ears.
- The swap between Evo and EvoX in the HUD can be confusing to some users at first. Fortunately it’s easy to remedy and barely even a con.
What’s In The Box
Official LeLutka Links
Do you have a LeLutka Evolution X head? Tell me what you think.
Are there questions you have that I didn’t answer? Ask away!
Would you like to see more info included? Let me know.
Always feel free to use the comment section.
8 thoughts on “LeLutka Avalon (EvolutionX Line) | The Mesh Directory”
Hello, I seem to have a seem/tear in the neck. I have tried everything to remedy the problem. I love the head, but the seam is horrible.
Can you help?
I’m sorry to hear it’s being a pain for ya, Olivia! Seams can be caused by a few things. Which body are you using? And which skin(s) are you using for the head and body?
Hi Olivia…..try this
1) Set your body fat number to 0 (in the Appearance Sliders)
2) Make sure the neck size on your body’s HUD is set at 0.
Matching those two numbers often gets rid of the seam.
I am currently using Legacy and Maitreya with Lara Hurley Hazel skin and Jane skin. I have the correct BOM for both bodies to match the skin for the head and I see a seam, and so do others see the seam. Also I have the correct Alpha layer on BOM head + body – Applier eyes.
Oh, and I also tried Glam Affair skin and the same issue.
I did something to my head, I don’t know. I know it is something i did. I can no longer add anything to my face unless it is on my HUD for my face. I know I did something to it because it was working totally fine….and I do not know what I did at all. I have been trying for days to fix, friends, and asking support. Can anyone help me?
You mentioned you can’t add anything to your face. Is it possible the BOM layers need to be adjusted a little? Sometimes BOM makeup ends up hidden under the face. For a quick runthrough on how to fix this check out the last section of the BOM post. Let me know if you still need a hand! It might be an easy fix!
I have been wearing Amara Beauty Skin. Many of Amara head skins using ; not ending the skin at the neck line but extending to the upper shoulders thus totally masking the neckline , much like a built in neckline cover .