This is an overview of the LeLutka Avalon mesh head for Second Life avatars. Almost all the information also applies to other LeLutka EvoX heads (LeLutka Ceylon and LeLutka Briannon) however the photos are only of Avalon, and the list is what comes with Avalon. Other heads may have slightly different content. For more mesh heads and bodies head on over to The Mesh Directory.
Creator – LeLutka
Product – Avalon
Price – L$3990 (Available exclusively at Skin Fair starting March 12. Skin Fair 2021 is presented by Pale Girl Productions & LeLUTKA)
Review Version – 3.0
Body – No
Eyes – Yes
Ears – Yes
Head – Yes
Skin – Yes
Copy – Yes
Transfer – No
Mod – No
Eyebrows (Applier) – Yes
Eyebrows (BOM) – Yes
Hair bases (Applier)– No
Hair bases (BOM) – Yes
Makeup (Applier) – Yes
Makeup (BOM) – Yes
Eyes (Applier) – Yes
Eyes (BOM) – No (Supported, but no textures included)
Teeth – Yes
Lashes – Yes
Piercings – Yes
Expressions & Animations
Eye Control – Yes
Typing/Voice Animations – Yes
Static Expressions – Yes
Facial Animations – Yes
Included Gestures – Yes
Appliers, BOM, and Compatibility
Tattoo Applier Layers – No (BOM tattoos only)
Applier Save Slots – Yes
Materials Enabled – Yes (eye makeup, lips, mouth, eyes, and skin all controlled separately via HUD)
Omega Compatible – Partially (For Eyes ONLY. Requires purchase of the Omega Relay)
Bakes on Mesh (BOM) – Yes
Universal Neck Standard ?When used with the same skin tone, heads and bodies both using the Universal Neck Standard result in a seamless neck. – Yes
Additional Neck Sizing Options – No
Pros and Cons
Other pros and cons to consider that haven’t been mentioned above.
- The EvolutionX Line from LeLutka features their newest products are and designed entirely around BOM.
- EvolutionX heads are almost identical to Evolution, but they also include an option for HD skins. HD Skins use a different layout for skin textures, so to use your old skins you’ll need to switch to Classic mode in your HUD. HD Skins also have a separate layer to wear for the ears.
- LeLutka is a popular designer, so there is widespread support for their heads.
- The HD makeup allows for materials and high quality makeup appliers to be used even when using BOM skins.
- Two HD eye makeup layers gives you even more quality customization options.
- The facial animations are great quality and multiple moods can be toggled at the same time.
- Being BOM focused means you can’t use all applier products on them. Tattoos, hair bases, etc cannot be used unless they are BOM.
For more information about the new Evolution X line check out LeLutka’s FAQ page.
What’s In The Box
Do you have a LeLutka Evolution X head? Tell me what you think.
Are there questions you have that I didn’t answer? Ask away!
Would you like to see more info included? Let me know.
Always feel free to use the comment section.