This is an overview of the LAQ Neve bento mesh head for Second Life avatars. Almost all the information also applies to other LAQ bento heads, however the photos are only of Neve, and the list is what comes with Neve. Other heads may have slightly different content. For more mesh heads and bodies head on over to The Mesh Directory.
Creator – LAQ
Product – Neve
Price – L$1500 (HUD sold separately for L$1500)
Review Version – 3.07
Body – No
Eyes – Yes (BOM)
Ears – Yes
Head – Yes
Skin – No
Copy – Yes
Transfer – No
Mod – No
Eyebrows (Applier) – No (requires HUD)
Eyebrows (BOM) – No
Hairbases (Applier) – No (requires HUD)
Hairbases (BOM) – No
Makeup (Applier) – No (requires HUD)
Makeup (BOM) – No
Eyes (Applier) – No
Eyes (BOM) – Yes (blue, brown, and green)
Teeth – Yes (default teeth. Further customization requires HUD)
Lashes – Yes (default lashes. Further customization requires HUD)
Piercings – No
Expressions & Animations
Eye Control – No (requires HUD)
Typing/Voice Animations – No (requires HUD)
Static Expressions – No (requires HUD)
Facial Animations – No (requires HUD)
Included Gestures – No (requires HUD)
Appliers, BOM, and Compatibility
Tattoo Applier Layers – No (requires HUD)
Applier Save Slots – No (requires HUD)
Materials Enabled – No (requires HUD)
Omega Compatible – Yes (with Omega relay)
Bakes on Mesh (BOM) – Yes (with free HUD)
Universal Neck Standard ?When used with the same skin tone, heads and bodies both using the Universal Neck Standard result in a seamless neck. – No
Additional Neck Sizing Options – Yes
I know I’ve said it multiple times, but it bears repeating: The HUD is NOT included with the purchase of the head. It is a seperate L$1500 purchase. I’ve included an image of it here since owning it brings the head’s options more in line with other brands and is worth considering when comparing.
Pros and Cons
Other pros and cons to consider that haven’t been mentioned above.
- LAQ’s heads are versatile and stylish which makes them a favorite for many.
- If you want more than one head the L$1500 price tag is attractive as well. (Note: I do recommend purchasing the HUD if you don’t have it already. This would make the total cost L$3000 for your first head plus the HUD and then L$1500 for each head after.)
- Skins are not included.
- The head doesn’t come with the HUD, so that must be purchased separately. If you already own the LAQ Bento Head HUD it can be used with all the bento heads, so you only need to purchase it once. The HUD includes the following features:
- Freckles, blush, wrinkles, teeth options, 4 eyebrows, 2 lashes, 6 hairbases, 7 eye makeups, 7 lip makeups
- Layer options, opacity sliders, tinting, materials, lash lengths, 4 sets of teeth, skin UUID import
- Mocap movement
- Facial animations and poses, talk animations, furniture syncing, eye control, gestures
- A separate HUD is available instead if you only want the ability to clear layers, nothing else.
- BOM isn’t native, you must pick up the free HUD to make the head BOM compatible.
What’s In The Box
Do you have any bento heads from LAQ? Tell me what you think.
Are there questions you have that I didn’t answer? Ask away!
Would you like to see more info included? Let me know.
Always feel free to use the comment section.