This is an overview of the Genus Baby Face W002 mesh head for Second Life avatars. Almost all the information also applies to the Strong, Classic, Strange, and Baby Face lines, however the photos are only of Baby Face W002, and the list is what comes with Baby Face W002. Other heads may have slightly different content. For more mesh heads and bodies head on over to The Mesh Directory.
Creator – Genus
Product – Baby Face W002
Price – L$3300 currently (L$5500 full price)
Review Version – 1.7
Body – No
Eyes – Yes
Ears – Yes
Head – Yes
Skin – Yes (11 tones from The Skinnery)
Copy – Yes
Transfer – No
Mod – No
Eyebrows (Applier) – Yes (2 included)
Eyebrows (BOM) – No
Hairbases (Applier) – Yes (3 included)
Hairbases (BOM) – No
Makeup (Applier) – Yes (10 eye options, 5 lip options, 5 tattoos, 4 blushes, 1 contour, 1 set of wrinkles, 2 moles, 2 freckles.
Makeup (BOM) – No
Eyes (Applier) – Yes (5 colors)
Eyes (BOM) – No
Teeth – Yes (5 styles with braces available)
Lashes – Yes (5 included)
Piercings – Yes (tongue piercing)
Expressions & Animations
Eye Control – Yes
Typing/Voice Animations – Yes (4 options for typing and talking)
Static Expressions – Yes (10 options)
Facial Animations – Yes (12 expressions and 15 moods)
Included Gestures – Yes (17 included)
Appliers, BOM, and Compatibility
Tattoo Applier Layers – Yes
Applier Save Slots – No
Materials Enabled – Yes
Omega Compatible – Yes
Bakes on Mesh (BOM) – Yes
New Neck Standard – No
Pros and Cons
Other pros and cons to consider that haven’t been mentioned above.
- The HUDs are designed to be straightforward and easy to use.
- Genus heads are popular enough to have a variety of designers making products for them.
- While there are various neck options, the necks standard hasn’t been adopted yet. This isn’t generally a huge deal, but even blending with the Maitreya neck is still in beta.
- While it does support BOM it does not come with any BOM layers.
- Some of the animations are a bit buggy and require you to undeform your avatar to get back to normal. This will likely be fixed in the future.
What’s In The Box
- Baby Face W002 Default Shape
- Bugfix Release Genus Project
- Funny Tongue
- GENUS MESH HEAD INFORMATION
- GENUS Project – Basic Animation HUD – BIG
- GENUS Project – Basic Animation HUD – SMALL
- GENUS Project – Default Shape
- GENUS Project – Eyes Alpha
- GENUS Project – FAQ
- GENUS Project – Genus Eyes
- GENUS Project – Genus Head Baby Face w002 – Mocap
- GENUS Project – Genus Jaws
- GENUS Project – Genus Neck Fix
- GENUS Project – Head Alpha
- GENUS Project – MAINSTORE
- GENUS Project – Setting Universal HUD – BIG
- GENUS Project – Setting Universal HUD – SMALL
- GENUS Skin Applier /BASIC – HONEY/TOFFEE-BROWNIE/
- Short Kiss
- Short Sad Sigh
- Short Smile
- Short Wink
- Talk Angry
- Talk Neutral
- Talk Relaxed
- Universal HUD info
- Voice Detection (ACTIVATE)
Do you have Genus head? Tell me what you think.
Are there questions you have that I didn’t answer? Ask away!
Would you like to see more info included? Let me know.
Always feel free to use the comment section.