This is an overview of the Reborn mesh body for Second Life avatars. As always I strongly encourage you to demo before making any final purchases. For more mesh heads and bodies head on over to The Mesh Directory.
Creator – eBody
Product – Reborn
Price – $3500
Review Version – 1.69.3
Body – Yes
Head – No
Hands – Yes
Feet – Yes
Skin – Yes (5 tones)
Copy – Yes
Transfer – No
Mod – Yes (Includes both mod and no mod versions)
Appliers, BOM, and Compatibility
Bakes on Mesh (BOM) – Yes
Applier Layers – No
Omega Compatible – No (N/A)
Materials Enabled – Yes
Universal Neck Standard ?When used with the same skin tone, heads and bodies both using the Universal Neck Standard result in a seamless neck. – Yes
Additional Neck Sizing Options – Yes
Pros, Neutral Notes, and Cons
Other things of note to consider that haven’t been mentioned above.
- Reborn has a lot of third party support. It’s very easy to find products made for both it and for mods that have been made for it.
- A mod version of the body is included which makes it super customizable for those who are interested in the extra level of control.
- An auto-alpha system is included, allowing creators to autohide parts of the body when you put their products on. Users of Legacy will be familiar with this convenient system.
- The feet can be controlled individually, making for more natural looking poses if you so choose.
- Previously I would’ve listed that there’s no applier system or Omega support as a con, but over the last few years both have become more obsolete. This is still something that may be a con for some folks, but overall most people making new avatars will not require omega or applier support.
- The butt doesn’t really have a “small” option. If you don’t want to have a booty this is likely not the body for you.
- The ankles, wrists, fingers, and toes are a bit on the thinner side and can seem out of proportion, especially on larger shapes.
What’s In The Box
Official eBODY Links
Do you have Reborn? Tell me what you think.
Are there questions you have that I didn’t answer? Ask away!
Would you like to see more info included? Let me know.
Always feel free to use the comment section.