This is an overview of the CATWA HDPRO MajerSoft mesh head for Second Life avatars. Almost all the information also applies to the other HDPRO heads however the photos are only of HDPRO MajerSoft, and the list is what comes with HDPRO MajerSoft. Other heads have slightly different content (for example MajerEdged comes with DeeTaleZ skins while MajerSoft comes with The Skinnery Skins). For more mesh heads and bodies head on over to The Mesh Directory.
Creator – CATWA
Product – HDPRO MajerSoft
Price – L$5900
Review Version – 1.3
Body – No
Eyes – Yes
Ears – Yes
Head – Yes
Skin – Yes (4 BOM tones from The Skinnery, each with brow and no brow options.)
Eyebrows (Applier) – Yes (One style as part of eye makeup)
Eyebrows (BOM) – No (There are some included in the included skins, but those cannot be used with other skins)
Hairbases (Applier) – No
Hairbases (BOM) – Yes (6 tintable options)
Makeup (Applier) – Yes (6 lipsticks)
Makeup (BOM) – Yes (All tintable: 1 blush, 6 eyeliners, 3 eye shadows, 1 freckles option, 1 highlight, 3 bloody lips)
Eyes (Applier) – Yes (12 options)
Eyes (BOM) – No
Teeth – Yes (Plain, Braces, Gems, and 9 styles that came be used with them)
Lashes – Yes (12 upper options, 12 lower options, 4 lengths they can all be adjusted to, and the ability to swap between the pro and basic options*)
Piercings – Yes (Lip, Tongue, and Earrings)
Copy – Yes
Transfer – No
Mod – No
*More info in pros and cons section
Expressions & Animations
Eye Control – Yes
Typing/Voice Animations – Yes (8 options)
Static Expressions – Yes (6 static lips and 6 static eye poses in the animation HUD. 12 static mouth poses in the Style HUD)
Facial Animations – Yes (16 full face AOs, 24 full face expressions, 13 animated lip moods, 8 animated eye moods, and 18 mood presets.)
Included Gestures – Yes (boxed)
Appliers, BOM, and Compatibility
Tattoo Applier Layers – Yes
Applier Save Slots – Yes
Materials Enabled – Yes (Skin, lips, mouth, teeth, tongue, eyes, lashes, all controlled separately)
Omega Compatible – Yes
Bakes on Mesh (BOM) – Yes
Universal Neck Standard ?When used with the same skin tone, heads and bodies both using the Universal Neck Standard result in a seamless neck. – Yes
Additional Neck Sizing Options – No
Pros and Cons
Other pros and cons to consider that haven’t been mentioned above.
- This is CATWA’s new line of heads, so everything included is their latest work.
- While you can already see them above, it’s worth mentioning the shape sliders that are part of the HUD. These sliders are independent of the tradition shape sliders, letting you adjust your eyes, nose, lips, and jaw even more closely. You can also save the tweaks you make, and even export them to send to others.
- 4 ear shapes are included. This means fantasy avatars who like the pointy eared look don’t have to purchase third party ears. The ears also animate based on how you’re walking, flying, etc. It’s really fun to play with!
- The materials options are really nice. The wrinkles are some of my favorite I’ve seen on a head so far.
- As mentioned earlier, there are Pro and Basic options for the lashes. Basic are tintable, and Pro have materials. Clicking the lash option you’ve selected will cycle through four colors.
- The facial animations do a good job of bringing the whole face into play. The animations are an exaggerated style which could be a pro or a con depending on your preferences. Some of them remind me of Disney princess expressions which I find adorable.
- The eyes are completely redesigned and pretty in depth. They’re gorgeous even when zoomed in up close.
- The head, teeth, eyes, and facelight are all one object instead of four separate ones.
- If you’re used to CATWA’s previous HUDs you’ll be learning a new one. That said, it’s a sleek style that is easy to catch on to once you know what you’re doing.
- Some of the options in the HUD aren’t very obvious at first. For example clicking the same lash option multiple times to change lash color when using Pro lashes.
- If exaggerated expressions aren’t your thing you may not like the included animations.
For more information directly from CATWA check out their HDPRO Heads Info page.
What’s In The Box
- .CATWA HDPRO INFO [MUST READ]
- .CATWA HDPRO UPDATES LOG
- CATWA HDPRO ALPHA EYES [Applier Eyes] [BOM the rest]
- CATWA HDPRO ALPHA HEAD [Applier Head] [BOM the rest]
- CATWA HDPRO HUD Anim
- CATWA HDPRO HUD Backup Anim. Majer
- CATWA HDPRO HUD Style
- CATWA HDPRO MajerSoft Ad Pic
- CATWA HDPRO Mic Talk anim1 [Right Click, Activate]
- CATWA HDPRO Mic Talk anim2 [Right Click, Activate]
- CATWA HDPRO Mic Talk anim3 [Right Click, Activate]
- CATWA HDPRO Shape Brows
- CATWA HDPRO Shape Brows Thin Lower
- CATWA HDPRO Shape Majer
- CATWA HEAD HDPRO MajerSoft Bento Ear
- CATWA HEAD HDPRO MajerSoft Earless
- CATWA HEAD HDPRO MajerSoft NonBentoEar
- ~PACK~ [theSkinnery] MajerSoft Skin (HDPROCatwa)
- ~PACK~ CATWA HDPRO Attachments
- ~PACK~ CATWA HDPRO BOM
- ~PACK~ CATWA HDPRO Developers Kit Majer
- ~PACK~ HDPRO Gestures Majer
- ~~CATWA Store Sim1
As the HDPRO line is new updates can come out quickly. This part of my post will consolidate all the changes made between my post updates into one section. See full list of separate version updates by CATWA here.
October 7, 2020 – v1.3 (Updating from 1.0)
- Style HUD updates
- Bug fixes
- UUID buttons can input both HD and NonHD textures now.
- Head updates
- Bug fixes
- Added “Killer Wink” eyes and lips moods
- BOM Pack
- Brows and some cheeks tattoos have been added
Do you have an HDPRO head? Tell me what you think.
Are there questions you have that I didn’t answer? Ask away!
Would you like to see more info included? Let me know.
Always feel free to use the comment section.