This is an overview of the CATWA Daniel mesh head for Second Life avatars. Almost all the information also applies to the other CATWA bento mesh heads, however the photos are only of Daniel, and the list is what comes with Daniel. Other heads may have slightly different content. For more mesh heads and bodies head on over to The Mesh Directory.
Creator – CATWA
Product – Daniel
Price – L$5000
Review Version – 4.5
Body – No
Eyes – Yes
Ears – Yes
Head – Yes
Skin – Yes (14 Clef de Peau, 6 Gianni, 6 Niramyth)
Copy – Yes
Transfer – No
Mod – No
Eyebrows (Applier) – Yes (4 options)
Eyebrows (BOM) – No
Hairbases (Applier) – Yes (21 options)
Hairbases (BOM) – No
Makeup (Applier) – Yes (5 eyes, 5 blush, 21 lips)
Makeup (BOM) – No
Eyes (Applier) – Yes (12 colors)
Eyes (BOM) – No
Teeth – Yes (Plain, Braces, Gems, plus 13 different mouth/teeth options in main HUD)
Lashes – Yes (8 options each for upper and lower lashes)
Piercings – Tongue piercing
Expressions & Animations
Eye Control – Yes
Typing/Voice Animations – Yes (8 options)
Static Expressions – No
Facial Animations – Yes (24 expression and 17 full face AOs)
Included Gestures – Yes (3 for voice chat, 40 additional boxed)
Appliers, BOM, and Compatibility
Tattoo Applier Layers – Yes
Applier Save Slots – Yes
Materials Enabled – Yes (skin and lips controlled independently)
Omega Compatible – Yes
Bakes on Mesh (BOM) – Yes
Neck Sizing Options – Yes
Pros and Cons
Other pros and cons to consider that haven’t been mentioned above.
- CATWA has a huge selection of heads and are well supported.
- Many included alpha slots so you can access them all easily via one HUD.
- They have many different addons available for animations.
- While BOM compatible, it does not include any BOM skins.
- Extra animations tend to be addons instead of included like some other heads have.
What’s In The Box
- CATWA ALPHA Full Avatar
- CATWA ALPHA HEAD & EYES
- CATWA Daniel [Start your shape with me]
- CATWA Bento Brows Shape
- CATWA Daniel Gestures Pack
- CATWA HEAD Daniel [Default Neck]
- CATWA HEAD Daniel [Niramyth Neck]
- CATWA HEAD Daniel Static [Default Neck]
- CATWA HEAD Daniel Static[Niramyth Neck]
- CATWA HUD Animations Daniel
- CATWA HUD Hair.Beard
- CATWA HUD HARD RESET
- CATWA HUD Master
- CATWA INFO & UPDATES LOG [MUST READ]
- CATWA Mic Talk anim1 [Right Click, Activate]
- CATWA Mic Talk anim2 [Right Click, Activate]
- CATWA Mic Talk anim3 [Right Click, Activate]
- CATWA RIGGED EYES Daniel
- CATWA Store
- CATWA TEETH Daniel
Do you have a CATWA head? Tell me what you think.
Are there questions you have that I didn’t answer? Ask away!
Would you like to see more info included? Let me know.
Always feel free to use the comment section.