This is an overview of the Belleza Jake mesh body for Second Life avatars. As always I strongly encourage you to demo before making any final purchases. For more mesh heads and bodies head on over to The Mesh Directory.
Creator – Belleza
Product – Jake
Price – L$2999
Review Version – V3
Body – Yes
Head – No
Hands – Yes (bento and non-bento)
Feet – Yes
Skin – Yes (7 Belleza tones with and without chest hair)
Copy – Yes
Transfer – No
Mod – Yes (There is a mod version included)
Appliers, BOM, and Compatibility
Bakes on Mesh (BOM) – Yes
Applier Layers – Yes, 4 including the skin layer.
Applier Save Slots – Yes
Materials Enabled – Yes
Omega Compatible – Yes
Universal Neck Standard ?When used with the same skin tone, heads and bodies both using the Universal Neck Standard result in a seamless neck. – Yes
Additional Neck Sizing Options – Yes in the form of a neck sheath.
Pros, Neutral Notes, and Cons
Other things of note to consider that haven’t been mentioned above.
- While it’s an older body, Jake is still really popular and has a steady stream of products still being released for it. It also has a wide catalogue of older products.
- You can achieve both athletic and slender bodies with Jake. Many masculine users like that Jake can still look nice even thin without having obvious abs. If you do want to lean into the muscular look it can pull that off well, too.
- Jake does come with an applier skin for CATWA Daniel. Daniel is an older head from CATWA’s last generation, however if you’re using it you don’t have to worry about purchasing a separate skin if you don’t want to.
- Jake was king for a long time when it came to bodies. It still has a desirable look and appeals to a wide range of users. It has stayed fairly popular even with newer bodies being released more recently.
- Jake is an older body that didn’t have updates for a while. It has been brought up to date with BOM and the universal neck sizing, but some creators did drop it for a short time when there was a lull in updates. Not all of these creators picked it up again when it received its updates.
- Some shapes with a thicker torso accent the slope from the shoulders into the neck in a way some users aren’t thrilled with. It’s a very minor con and one that many users won’t even run into, but it’s still worth demoing to be sure the shapes your interested in work the way you want them to.
What’s In The Box
Official Belleza Links
Do you have Belleza Jake? Tell me what you think.
Are there questions you have that I didn’t answer? Ask away!
Would you like to see more info included? Let me know.
Always feel free to use the comment section.
3 thoughts on “Belleza Jake | The Mesh Directory”
The current version of Belleza Jake has built-in support for BoM – I’ve been using it for a while now.
Thank you for the heads up! I’ll get this updated once I’m able to go through and update the rest of the post with any other changes 🙂
I just double checked (including a redelivery) and it looks like it’s still not built in on the original purchase but requires their separate (free) BOM HUD to enable. Can you let me know how you were able to get BOM working from just the products in the initial purchase?