Important Note: This listing is for an older product line. Belleza has a newer body line out, though it currently only has feminine options. A Belleza Representative did state that an updated version of Jake OR a masculine body in the new line is “in the plans and works, we don’t have a definite release time yet, when we get closer, you will see it in (Belleza’s Discord Announcements Channel).” This older line may no longer be updated and third party support for it has slowed. If a newer masculine body is released I’ll make sure it’s linked here for your convenience.
This is an overview of the Belleza Jake mesh body for Second Life avatars. As always I strongly encourage you to demo before making any final purchases. To browse other mesh heads, bodies, and more check out The Mesh Directory.
- Creator – Belleza
- Product – Jake
- Price – L$2999
- Review Version – V3
- Body – Yes
- Head – No
- Hands – Yes
- Feet – Yes
- Skin – Yes
- Copy – Yes
- Transfer – No
- Mod – No
Bakes on Mesh (BOM)
- Bakes on Mesh (BOM) – Yes
- Skin Appliers – Yes
- Cosmetic Appliers – Yes
- Applier Save Slots – Yes
- Omega Compatible – Yes
- Materials Enabled – Yes
- Universal Neck Standard ?When used with the same skin tone, heads and bodies both using the Universal Neck Standard result in a seamless neck. – Yes
- Additional Neck Sizing Options – Yes*
Pros, Neutral Notes, and Cons
Other things of note to consider that haven’t been mentioned above.
- While it’s an older body, Jake is still used by many and has a wide catalogue of older products.
- You can achieve both athletic and slender bodies with Jake. Many masculine users like that Jake can still look nice even thin without having obvious abs. If you do want to lean into the muscular look it can pull that off well, too.
- Jake does come with an applier skin for CATWA Daniel. Daniel is an older head from CATWA’s last generation, however if you’re using it you don’t have to worry about purchasing a separate skin if you don’t want to.
- Jake was king for a long time when it came to bodies. It still has a desirable look and appeals to a wide range of users. It has stayed fairly popular even with newer bodies being released more recently.
- Jake is an older body that didn’t have updates for a while. It has been brought up to date with BOM and the universal neck sizing, but some creators did drop it for a short time when there was a lull in updates. Not all of these creators picked it up again when it received its updates.
- * The additional neck sizing options are there in the form of a neck sheath option in the HUD.
- Some shapes with a thicker torso accent the slope from the shoulders into the neck in a way some users aren’t thrilled with. It’s a very minor con and one that many users won’t even run into, but it’s still worth demoing to be sure the shapes your interested in work the way you want them to.
- Third party creators aren’t making for Jake as much as they used to, however some new products for it are still being released.
- Belleza has started a new body line, though it only has one feminine body and no masculine bodies yet. They may or may not continue updates on this older line, but I wouldn’t expect it.
What’s In The Box
Official Belleza Links
Example of Belleza Jake In Use
Head – CATWA: Daniel
Body – Belleza: Jake
Head Skin – Belleza: Daniel (Comes with the Jake body)
Body Skin – Belleza: Body Skin Med (Comes with Jake body)
Shape – Slightly modified version of Belleza‘s Jake Slim.
Hair – Magika: Ash
Pants – Asteroidbox: Ellis Pants
Pose – Oracul: Yo Yo AO
Location – My private home (Most everything you can see is from Studio Skye and Hayabusa.)
Windlight (EEP) – Bryn Oh: Bryn Oh’s BOX MetaLES (This may be included as part of your viewer. Search your inventory and see!)
Do you have Belleza Jake? Tell me what you think.
Are there questions you have that I didn’t answer? Ask away!
Would you like to see more info included? Let me know.
Always feel free to use the comment section.