This is an overview of the Altamura Mia FullBody mesh body for Second Life avatars. Almost all the information also applies to other Altamura FullBody products, however the photos are only of Mia FullBody, and the list is what comes with Mia FullBody Other bodies may have slightly different content. For more mesh heads and bodies head on over to The Mesh Directory.
Creator – Altamura
Product – Mia FullBody
Price – L$4899
Review Version – Not Specified in Purchase
Body – Yes
Head – Yes
Hands – Yes
Feet – Yes
Skin – Yes (7 tones)
Copy – Yes
Transfer – No
Mod – No
Appliers, BOM, and Compatibility
Bakes on Mesh (BOM) – Yes
Applier Layers – Yes (3 layers)
Applier Save Slots – No
Materials Enabled – Yes
Omega Compatible – Yes
Universal Neck Standard ?When used with the same skin tone, heads and bodies both using the Universal Neck Standard result in a seamless neck. – No
Additional Neck Sizing Options – Yes
Pros, Neutral Notes, and Cons
Other things of note to consider that haven’t been mentioned above.
- For one purchase you get your head, body, basic clothing and animations.
- An “Autohide Generator” is included. This tool allows you to set up auto alphas for your outfit folders so you don’t have to manually alpha every time you change outfits.
- The body shape is very close to Maitreya and seems to fit into many Maitreya clothes. It’s not a perfect fit but it’s close. If you’re going this route make sure to demo before purchasing anything.
- While the body does come with a head attached, you can still use other heads with it. Simply use the HUD to alpha out the head. This will hide it so you can use a different one.
- The alpha cuts in the HUD aren’t very obvious until they are clicked. It’ll take a little getting used to before you know exactly what each click will hide.
- The animations HUD isn’t very clear on which button does what animation. Once you get used to what they each are you’ll know, but learning may take a little time.
What’s In The Box
Official Altamura Links
Do you have an Altamura Mia FullBody? Tell me what you think.
Are there questions you have that I didn’t answer? Ask away!
Would you like to see more info included? Let me know.
Always feel free to use the comment section.